WALLCOMPONENTHEIGHT Function

Aparently not since no-one has answered yet. 

I took a quick look and there is not a "simple" way to get this. Components can be relative to  the wall height or story height. There is not a single function that will return the component height. I THINK that you can get start and end Left, Middle, and Right points, so you could probably use those to calculate the component height, but it would take some playing to figure out exactly what is being returned.

What are you actually trying to get from this and maybe I can point you in the right direction.

Pat,

Thank you for the reply.

Mainly to verify component heights for takeoff purposes.

Example: Wall Sheathing - 4'x8', 4'x9', 4'x10'

all have different costs.

In some instances, the sheathing does not run full height of wall.

May have instances of 1/2 the wall height, sheathing, 1/2 rigid insulation.

This is another reason for stacking vertical placement of components.

If I recall, the issue is being able offset the horizontal of the stack components.

Something about using 0 to get to stack vertically.

Maybe there is another way around this.

Rod

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

While we don't have a function like that, I make a record format with the heights for the cladding(s) and attach it to the wall style. I consider two coatings of the same or close thickness, with different heights, as the same component. In the wall instances in the drawing that have identical heights of these coatings, in the OIP, I select the record format in the data tab. Then, I modify the correct heights there and update the report for this component composition. This isn't the best BIM solution, but the VW returns exactly and precisely the determined heights. The render is another problem, with another tasks.

Register.jpg