Graphics

Landartma

Question

5 answers to this question

Yea I have been looking at the individual graphics in the editor and cant seem to find any difference.  When I scroll down the graphics even out and become more crisp momentarily then snaps back to the muted colors.  When I print it prints the muted colors on the screen.

Hi Landartma,

Did you ever resolve this issue? I seem to be having the same problem, specifically with custom imported plant images (.png files) that I'm using in perspective/3D views (plan view seems fine). They look right for just a moment, and then revert to the muted appearance - not fully grayscale. It only seems to happen to some of them and as far as I can tell it's not a class or layer issue. 

17 minutes ago, Hayley Goodchild said:

Hi Landartma,

Did you ever resolve this issue? I seem to be having the same problem, specifically with custom imported plant images (.png files) that I'm using in perspective/3D views (plan view seems fine). They look right for just a moment, and then revert to the muted appearance - not fully grayscale. It only seems to happen to some of them and as far as I can tell it's not a class or layer issue. 

post a file and someone will dissect it for you.

• Like 1
On 6/30/2023 at 10:13 AM, jeff prince said:

post a file and someone will dissect it for you.

Thanks Jeff!

In the interest of time, I yanked all the custom images I uploaded for 3d plants and did perspective renderings using my old method (a hybrid of hand sketches and GIMP/photoshop work). But this is an irksome issue, so as soon as I have some spare time, I'll post an older version of the file. I suspect part of the problem was the size of the images, so I've started compressing them, but that's just a hunch. I also found some distant objects in the file that might have been causing general VWX crankiness....

• Like 2