IFC Import/Export Issues

jg@swcm

Question

Hi, we recently started having to collaborate with clients using BIM and we're trying to find the best file type to do this. We have a large (5km long) grading plan from a client which is just composed of 3D polylines. I made some alterations to the file and exported it as a .dwg which went flawlessly. I also exported the file as IFC and I got a prompt that only "3 objects with IFC data were exported". All I can think of is that these would be the three stake objects that I placed on the plan, but I cannot see them or any of the 3D contours from before when I open up the exported IFC file in Vectorworks. 

Is there something I'm doing wrong - i want the IFC file to also show all of the 3D polylines for grading. Am I going about using IFC files incorrectly?

Edit: When I import my exported IFC file back into a blank Vectorworks file,  nothing comes in. I turn on all classes, layers, visibilities, etc. When I zoom to extents, I'm still just centered on the page looking at nothing.

Edited by jg@swcm
Additional information

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet