humans for drawings

sarab

13 hours ago, sarab said:

ok so how do I get the 3D image I have found into my resource manager after downloading onto my desktop, or new stairs or anything?

I think you might be asking how to take an external image of a figure and make it an Image Prop in Vectorworks, which is an object that takes the photo and applies it to a plane in 3D space that can be set to always face to camera.

Model > Create Image Prop. The 'masking' depends on your source file, so let us know if you need help there.

Help documentation: https://app-help.vectorworks.net/2020/eng/index.htm#t=VW2020_Guide%2FTextures%2FCreating_image_prop_objects.htm

• Like 1

Can you post a screenshot of what you're hoping to bring in, or perhaps link to the online sites you're talking about? There are many flavors of figures (2D vector outline, 2D raster image, 3D Image Prop based on 2D raster image, or photorealistic 3D mesh). That will help us better address your question.

I'm pretty sure you're referring to the Image Prop variety I mentioned above, though I may be wrong. When you make the Image Prop, make sure to check "Create Symbol" then it'll show up in your Resource Manager as well. (Or you can just do View > Create Symbol out of an Image Prop that's already created).

1522380667_ScreenShot2020-06-11at6_35_13PM.thumb.png.d7bea9007b10eb0151048d94b2b73cea.png

After doing this you could drag the symbol in the Resource Manager into any User Library or Favorite file on the lefthand side for future use.