Brick Grout Scaling?

I'm working on a project right now where the tiling pattern of the bricks was originally drawn with 50% offset row-to-row and it has since changed to 1/3 offset row-to-row. 

I've received an as-built and have imported it just fine, but I now need to scale everything to match with the grout. The simplest technique I can think of is to select all the individual bricks and perform some kind of "scale each". In other programs it's called "scale each" or "transform each". 

The bricks are currently 1' wide x 4" tall. I'd like to make them 11 15/16" wide x 3 15/16" tall, but keep their center consistent. 

It seems like it's as simple as

1. Grouping all the bricks
  2. Duplicate the group
  3. Open the top layer group, select all bricks and subtract .083" from each side in the OIP (with anchor being the center).
  4. Open the bottom layer group and perform add surface. Then I have my grout. 
  5. Then I can rescale everything so that the bricks are back to their true 12" x 4"

Does that sound right? 

In this case (I hadn't learned to use the Code block yet), copy everything from the beginning of the line that starts Procedure down to and including the line that starts with Run. Make sure you include the final semicolon.

Go the the Resource Manager and Click the New Resource button and choose Script. You will get a dialog box asking for the script palette name. Then a dialog box to Name the script. Then the Script Editor will open. Paste the text you copied above into the editor and click the OK button.

Double click on the script name in the Script Palette to run it.

This thread has additional information.

• Like 1