VW 12 window and door tags

So yesterday i recieved VW12 and so far i like. In V12, you can create a window or door and a dialog box will pop up. You can design your windows or doors to your liking, in the same pop window you can create a tag and put on a schedule. This is great and easy.... However, what do you do if you are repeating the same window and tag....Is there a way to add the tag but not to show up in the window or door schedule (same window and information). It would be great if you create a tag in the same dialoge box but not put on the schedule.

Please help.

Chris

I am confused too. I created four doors that are all the same. The door ID reads D-01.

The door schedule shows four doors, all of them as D-01.

Now I go and change the size of a door. In the worksheet I choose recalculate and the new size is shown on the schedule. But the door ID is still D-01

I can have four completely different doors that are all labeled as D-01. Surely I am missing something.

Kevin,

Double-click on the door and go to the rightmost tab "Data". The click on "ID Settings" and give your door or window the proper number. (Also use the Obj Info) You can also choose the ID Class so that your "bubbles" do not show in certain Viewports if you don't want them.

The most confusing part with the v12 upgrade is that you no longer use the Obj Info "Data" section to insert information for doors and windows. Use the previous method. You still use it for furniture, plumbing fixtures, etc.

[ 01-14-2006, 11:59 PM: Message edited by: Ramon PG ]

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is all great. I'm still on clear about something. In VW12 is there way of placing a tag on a door or window without putting it on a schedule. Everytime I get i place a tag on the window or door and don't check the box "ON SCHEDULE" the tag will not show up. EXAMPLE: I could have one tag that represents 10 windows. I don't want the same tag to show up 10 times in the schedule. This seems like an easy thing. Help clear me my head.

Chris