Visibility

Hi All,

I was wondering if someone could please explain the visibility options and settings to me?

Say, I have a structural beam in my project. I want to be able to see the beam in section with a hatch perhaps, but only dotted in my floor plan.

How can I set the settings to achieve this? How do I override the settings for one particular viewport?

Thank you 

TEST.vwx

Super short version. Ask again if not enough.

1. Make sure that the object is set to use all attributes you want to be able to have different in different viewports set to be By Class.

2. Select the Viewport you want a different set of attributes and in the Object Info Palette click the Classes... button

3. In the Viewport Class Properties dialog box select the class of the object and click the Edit button.

image.thumb.png.97a5f1e807cec0de9c9cc1dde3400edb.png

4. In the Edit Class(es) dialog box set the classes the way you want them to display for the selected viewport.

image.thumb.png.8b600cbe8e9588436c9f73709e6937cb.png

HTH

• Like 1

Notes (slightly expanded version):

1.  The process @Pat Stanford described (well said!) is also known as Viewport Class Override. An override changes class attributes of objects which are visible in the selected viewport and in the class being overridden.

2. Any/all class in the Viewport class list can be edited in this way.

3.  This process only affects the output of the viewport. The file class definition is not altered. Objects in other viewports, design layers, saved views are not affected. 

4.  Eyedropper tool can transfer these overrides to other viewports. 

-B

Edited by Benson Shaw
signrd