From 2D to 3D : In top/plan view how do I keep the 2D hatch

Hi, 

I am very new to 3D. I noticed after I extrude 2D shape to 3D form, my 2D hatch will disappear. In top/plan view, everything have 3D form will just be wireframe. In top view , everthing shows the material I have attached in 3D. The hatch I allocate in 2D shapes are not there anymore. 

So currently for each design, I have a 2D file with 2d hatach pattern, and a 3D file with materials I have allocated in render. I wonder if there is a way to keep the 2D hatch in the 3D file, so I don't need to switch between two files when there are revisions. 

I have attached a top/plan view of the 3D file, where everything shows in wireframe...the 2D decking hatch is gone after I extruded the 2D shape.

3D WIREFRAME.PNG

Take a look at hybrid symbols and/or auto hybrids in the help files. These will let you have 2d geometry in top/plan view and 3d in all other views. The two are similar in concept, but work a little differently. 

Quick video on hybrids here:  

Edited by EAlexander
  • Like 1