Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Path Extrude Issues

Hi, I am very new to Marionette but love it already. So i tried to make it easier and quicker to draw multiple skirting boards in a house. (or any other mouldings for that matter). I have watched many videos and found some interesting advice and helping nodes and networks, espcially one from AlanW called Path Extrude on Edge, which is a modified version of the Path Extrude node itself. Now, the first problem, before i found Alan's file, was that the extruded object would always be created centred on the pathline, and not on the corner where the wall meets the floor, and i could not figure out a way to tell the node to work this differently; no options as there are with the command extrude along path f.ex.

I guess Alan had the same problem hence why he tried to find a work around with the node that he created. However his nod seems to require some more network nodes to work (?), and furthermore it leaves a copy of the path polyline in place, which i don't want (I have dealt with what i need to happen to this line in my network.) I guess in a perfect world it would be ace to keep the extruded paths tied to the marionette so that profiles can be changed after they have been created ? Is that possible at all, and if so what kind of object would need to be created in the end?

So can anyone first help me to create this node, or network, that works the way i have laid out in v01 in the attached file, but produces a result from a profile in a symbol file, and sets the path to a specific corner or vertex in the profile file?

Skirting v04.vwx

• 3 years later...