Good free plant resource library?

Hi all,

I'm looking for some additional plant resources for VW 2020 as the default library seems quite limited.  Specifically I'm looking for some 3D renders of trees in standard form, such as standard olives (olea euruopa), oleander and red robin (Photinia × fraseri).

Does anyone know a good place to find such things for free (or at least at a reasonable price)?

Cheers!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Most content is for charge through other resources. But if you get imagery of said plants, knock out the background in photoshop, or find the image with no background online, you can make your own image props and place them in the 3D graphics of the plant. This process is fast and free.

@bgoff Could you explain how to do this?

I currently use Photoshop to create 3D renders of planting plans or designs. I have a good collection of photoshop images of plants with no background but how do i add them to the data of a plant? I tried just importing the image whilst in "Edit Plant- 3D Graphics" but that just produced a photoshop image over the top of my VW 2D graphic or the plant when in plan view. 

Thanks