Energos Btu to kWh

Talking about shown units, is it possible to tweak metric units (set in units)?

Result in energos label (for area) is in format sq m, cu m  instead of my preferred way m², m³ ... etc. My dimension units in document are set that way...

I know it is very subtle change but I prefer to be consistent throughout project document.

Thanks.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
12 minutes ago, drelARCH said:

Talking about shown units, is it possible to tweak metric units (set in units)?

Result in energos label (for area) is in format sq m, cu m  instead of my preferred way m², m³ ... etc. My dimension units in document are set that way...

I know it is very subtle change but I prefer to be consistent throughout project document.

Thanks.

Could you fill in an enhancement request about that? Thanks.

• Like 1

I thought switching to metric in the Energos tab would just change the energy units, but that then converts it from square feet to meters.  I'm guessing there's no way around this?  We're trying to compare the Energos modeling to a program we're paying money for, and this may be a deal breaker for us because we can't spend that much time converting square meters to square feet.

11 hours ago, Jessica Maw said:

I thought switching to metric in the Energos tab would just change the energy units, but that then converts it from square feet to meters.  I'm guessing there's no way around this?  We're trying to compare the Energos modeling to a program we're paying money for, and this may be a deal breaker for us because we can't spend that much time converting square meters to square feet.

- When you switch the energos units you switch them for all data used in energos. The idea behind this is that when you work on a project usually you use the same units and not a mix of imperial and metric. So currently it is not possible to have such a mix.

• 3 years later...

I am just dipping my toes in the water of Energos, have set my units to "Imperial_US", but the "On Site Electricity Generation: PV /Roof" values are in BTU/a. I know what a BTU is, but what is the "a"? "Annual" seems to work out mathematically, but PV panels here are rated in watts, not BTU so I have to stop, do a calculation, then change the value in Energos. Is there a way to change that setting, or will I have to wait for an update from Vectorworks?

The lighting settings refer to "___% EELB" - what is EELB?

• 1 month later...

Hello @Ian M.,

Sorry for the late answer.

On 10/20/2023 at 10:06 PM, Ian M. said:

but what is the "a"? "Annual" seems to work out mathematically

- Yes, a is for annual

but PV panels here are rated in watts, not BTU so I have to stop, do a calculation, then change the value in Energos.

- There is one way to change this. You can copy the file 'Libraries\Defaults\Energy Analysis\EnergyUnits.xml' from your application and paste in the the user folder. Then you can edit it and copy the entire US system and paste it again but change its name to US 2 of something else. After that, you can customize this new system and find the "kWhA" definition there and change it from BTU/a to kWh/a and set the UnitPerX to 1. Then in your new US system you will have this definition use the kWh/a instead of BTU/a.

The lighting settings refer to "___% EELB" - what is EELB?

- EELB stands for Energy Efficient Light Bulbs.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Like 3