ifc-export - *.ifc suffix missing very often

this might be a wish, but, however, I first try to post the issue here:

I'm working with Vectorworks 2020 SP3 on Mac (10.12 - Sierra)

Everytime I try to export an ifc-file I need to add the *.ifc-suffix manually. Why? is it the same on Windows, too?

Also macOS needs the ifc-suffix too be able to connect the file to my models-checker,... Solibri...

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@matteoluigi When you go to export IFC project you can choose the file format with a choice between .ifc, .ifc (zipped) or .ifcxml and when you click Export button it will automatically add .ifc (or other as chosen) extension to the file name in the Save As... field. Just make sure you don't delete the extension if you are changing the file name and it should be OK.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

That's odd, for me it appears automatically and I don't have ti add anything in order to save an IFC file. As far as I know it's always been like that and I haven't heard about this kind of issue. Let me check whether there is a setting that might control this and get back to you.

• Like 1

nope, that's not the problem. I checked the settings. As you can see on the screenshots, the suffix is missing and it's not the finder-setting, which causes the suffix to disappear. However, a hidden file-suffix would however be recognized by the operating system. So, double-clicking the ifc-file would change the file-icon and automatically open the file in the preferred ifc-application. Both doesn't happen in my case. As you can see in the screenshot, macOS asks me whether I want to add a file-suffix or not.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-08 um 11.00.48.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-08 um 10.56.07.png