'Active Only' classes creating wall issues

skeyshubber

Question

Hi,

This issue started yesterday afternoon after a few hours of working on a simple building with basic walls.  One of the walls just disappeared and when I attempted to re-draw it with all of the same specifications that I had used earlier in the session the issues listed below began to occur.

1.  When Show/Snap/Modify other classes is turned on all walls are able to be selected in both ISO and 2D Plan view.  When Active Only classes are turned walls are able to be selected in ISO view only.

2. All walls that have been selected or edited  in 2d top plan view begin to randomly disappear in ISO view with Active Only classes are turned on.

3. The newly drawn wall is unresponsive to height adjustments and the OIP reflects correct dimensions but the wall itself is still at 0' high in both Active Only and Show/Snap/Modify others class specifications.

4. When switching between Active Only and Show/Snap/Modify others the newly draw wall will suddenly land a different location at be 5000' long.

I'd call it a ghost in the machine but i think it may be worse than that.

macOS Catalina

Version 10.15.5

4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 575 4 GB

1 answer to this question

Active Only is basically useless for "container objects" like walls, symbols, PIOs and Groups. Since Active Only shows you only a single class at a time, if the "contained" objects have a different class than the "container" object, you will never be able to see them as both classes (container and contained) have to be visible in order to see an object. That kind of answers your 1 & 2.

I don't have a good idea about 3, 4, 5.