Replace Group With Symbol

I have a DWG from an outside vendor that I have imported. There are a number of devices that came in as groups and not symbols. Is there a function in spotlight where I can select a group and then replace with a symbol?

Looking at the online VW manual, it seems that this function exists for Landmark and Architect. https://app-help.vectorworks.net/2020/eng/index.htm#t=VW2020_Guide%2FSymbols%2FReplacing_objects_with_symbols.htm&rhsearch=Replace Objects&rhhlterm=Replace Objects&rhsyns=

Is there a similar workflow for Spotlight users?

You can make a multiple selection of groups and use the Replace with Symbol command from Modify>Convert>Replace with Symbol.

This will replace each selected instance with a chosen symbol. You will need to be wary of insertion points though as the symbol will insert at the centre of the bounding box of the grouped geometry.

If this command is not part of your workspace, then you can add it using the Workspace Editor. Its not a Landmark only command and is available in my version od Spotlight.

• Like 1