270 degrees opening and a C rear panel

zeno

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 6/2/2020 at 12:23 PM, Zeno said:

I need to create a single panel on the cabinet's rear attached. I would like to generate a single panel, not adding a 3d extra part. It is possibile? (number 1)

I think I answered this already? You need an extra 3D part. There are no disadvantages as to manufacturing because you can still attach your fittings. The only drawback would be that the individual custom part would not adapt to reshaping of the parent cabinet.

On 6/2/2020 at 12:23 PM, Zeno said:

And (2) can I add a connection to create a 270 degrees opening?

You can. This type of hinge is not supported by the interiorcad hinge tool - yet) but you can still add it. Import the hardware, attach an interiorcad 3D drilling, group it and run the "Assign Fitting Type" command (under interiorcad > Fittings). Place it appropriately and send to CNC or export parts list. It will be accounted for in both types of exports.

On 6/2/2020 at 3:03 PM, Zeno said:

Similar problem on opening with irregular angle, Interiorcad can't fine a correct element to open the part

Angular doors are supported. You may have to play with the type of construction where the door hinges. Manufacturers require very precise parameters for particular hinge types.

image.thumb.png.fa31f38809d5b08e5fd49b3b7f20d6da.png

Here is an example document listing all supported types of angular door construction types:

Angular hinges.vwx

• Like 1