Title block problems

Robert Hardy

Question

Can anyone help me with editing my title block please? I am trying to edit the style so that the revisions use numbers rather than letters. I edit style in the OIP so that it appears correctly on the sheet. I save the document (also saving it to favourites for future use). However, when I then come to use it later, the title block has reverted to letters again. Pulling my hair out here - can anyone explain what's going wrong, in simple terms please?!

I also want to save it to my libraries and that's not seeming to work either - not sure if the two problems are connected?

Many thanks

12 answers to this question

Are you editing the Style or are you editing the Title Block Border (TBB).

If you are using a Style then you need to be editing the style. These edits will update the local version of the style. If you want to put it into your library, then you will need to export it from the Resource Manager to your library file.

image.thumb.png.a3d8fbaa256c46d9e72ae917cc5766bc.png

image.png

Thanks for your advice Pat. I actually followed your response to a previous post and got that far. I'm editing the style (though I've tried both options now). The title block as created in the original document works perfectly. I have saved it, then added it to my favourites for future use. When I then open a new document, and insert the title block (from my favourites) it then appears in the new document with the incorrect settings - i.e. the revision notes in letter order, rather than numeric. I can't understand why, when it is set one way, does it revert to another?

@Andy Broomell  Hi, and thanks for offering your advice.

Not that I recall. If I've already inserted a title block for some reason, and want to swap it out for my custom block, it doesn't like that. I get a popup message, which doesn't let me replace it. However, on a new document I don't get any of those troubles - other than the annoying revision being letters rather than numbers. 

I appreciate that I can just edit it that on each page, but I wanted to create a title block that would auto insert all of this for me.

many thanks,

Rob

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @Robert Hardy,

There seems to be a problem where document options are always getting their default value when creating new TBB in a document, even with copy and paste or drag and drop of a resource. I will look into it and see what could be done.

In the meantime, the workaround for this would be to make sure you set the document options in your destination file initially or after importing the first TBB in it, so that they remain the same after that.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Hello Nikolay, thanks for your message. That's helpful to know. I'll certainly do that from now on (or start again and create a new title block from scratch).

If you do manage to correct this issue, where would I expect to see it announced? Would you post back here, or would it be on more general updates?

Many thanks,

Rob

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
14 hours ago, Robert Hardy said:

Hello Nikolay, thanks for your message. That's helpful to know. I'll certainly do that from now on (or start again and create a new title block from scratch).

If you do manage to correct this issue, where would I expect to see it announced? Would you post back here, or would it be on more general updates?

Many thanks,

Rob

- I will let you know here for any updates.