michaelk

Subtract Solid = 20

What does "Bad Input" mean as a return for a subtract solid?

I'm trying to subtract solids in a parametric object.  If I ungroup the parametric object and subtract the solids they work fine.  But in the script they return 20.

Any ideas?

Have you verified your handles are correct inside the PIO? Without seeing any code that is my only guess.

Raymond

Yep.  I even made unique handle variables.  I started by drawing two solids and subtracting them and then exporting the script, just to make sure I was doing it right.  

SubtractSolid(bigObject,smallObject,subtractedObject) returns 20.  (Bad input).  

I'm now trying to work around the subtraction.  If it doesn't work I'll go back and get the subtraction code and post it.

So, what types are the objects? 

Place this just before or after the SubtractSolid() command.

AlrtDialog(concat( bigObject, '   ', GetTypeN(bigObject), chr(13), smallObject, '   ', GetTypeN(smallObject) ));

Are they what you think they are? If so, then I got nuttin' without seeing some code.

Raymond