Exporting Vectorworks Lights to other rendering software

Hi Jeff I still use artlantis now and again and the lights in vectorworks  can be exported along with the model but once in artlantis you have to adjust all the lighting values to suit as they come in as passitional references only, in other words useless, I think this is nothing to do with vectorworks more to do with the artlantis export plug in. 

@Phil hunt thanks for the reply and information.  I admittedly have done no research into how or if this would work.  It just seems like something software would have an easy time understanding since real light definitions in industry have mathematical definitions for their characteristics and seem to transfer between BIM applications fairly well.  I hope others will weigh in with their experiences as well.

4 hours ago, grant_PD said:

No lights will import into Twinmotion from a VW export.  They will export into .c4d however.  Twinmotion is sort of a closed system.  

I think I will experiment with Twinmotion's replacement tool.  If I use symbols in VWX to identify the lights, perhaps I can automatically replace them in Twinmotion with their lights.  That works well for plants.  Something to play with in the coming weeks 🙂

• Like 1