Adding logo to wall

fran

Question

Hi, try as I have for a few hours, I cannot seem to add a logo to a wall. Please does anyone have an easy to follow  plan to do this. I have searched help pages but nothing makes sense and nothing works. Is it really that difficult? (I'm on Vectorworks 2020)

Thanks.

6 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It's very easy. I assume your logo is an image. Two steps:

1. Use the Set Working Plane tool (3D tool group) to set your working plane to the desired face of the wall (you don't have to be exact with origin or anything);
  2. Select your bitmap object (it will probably be on the "Layer plane" or the "Screen plane" - look at the "Plane:" value, which is the third control on the Object Info palette when you have the bitmap selected) and set its plane to "Working Plane" (which is the active 3D plane you just now defined.) 

Now you can just drag around your image until it's positioned properly on the wall. 

• Like 1
On 5/28/2020 at 6:15 PM, Robert Anderson said:

It's very easy. I assume your logo is an image. Two steps:

1. Use the Set Working Plane tool (3D tool group) to set your working plane to the desired face of the wall (you don't have to be exact with origin or anything);
  2. Select your bitmap object (it will probably be on the "Layer plane" or the "Screen plane" - look at the "Plane:" value, which is the third control on the Object Info palette when you have the bitmap selected) and set its plane to "Working Plane" (which is the active 3D plane you just now defined.) 

Now you can just drag around your image until it's positioned properly on the wall. 

Hi, tried all this, still no good. Resorted to using Photoshop in the end, not a solution, but I needed to get this finished.

However I have a much more major issue now, as I cannot open any of my files, starts to boot up ok, then just get the spinning circle and Vectorworks not responding!  Have rebooted several times, still same, tried leaving it and still same after and hour!

1 minute ago, rDesign said:

@fran - take a look at the following old thread on adding Decal Textures to Walls; There is a link to a YouTube video which describes the workflow.

Thanks, i'll take a look when I can get on Vectorworks, which doesn't look like anytime soon, as now cannot open any files, just keep getting 'Vectorworks not responding'!