3D Fixture Symbol not showing in 3D

matdogger

Question

Label Legend is allowing me to select [Use in 3d], but then doesn't show labels when in "edit 3D layout." When I select "done" in the Label Legend Manager, and then return to "edit fields" in the Manager, all the [Use in 3D] boxes are unchecked. I've tried all different methods of creating a label legend for a front elevation view, but can't seem to get it to work or show. Any ideas?

Link to Google Drive here.

Cheers,

Matvey

4 answers to this question

Hi

I have copied and pasted a Viper and its Label Legend to a clean document and run through the usual procedure for adding 3D labels. All is working fine in the clean document. I am not sure why this is not the case in your actual file. I would suggest that you copy and paste an instrument and label legend to a clean file as well and run through your workflow as well. Just to make sure that you are doing everything correctly. I have attached the file.

I notice that the file has been imported from a 2017 file. Perhaps a good route to troubleshooting things would be to import everything you need into a brand new clean 2020 file.

One or two observations:  The file is extremely memory hungry. There are some lighting positions (vertical truss positions) that are made of of thousands of polygons which you should probably look at simplifying. Also, you are drawing on design layers at 1:1. This means that text is at very odd font sizes and all your Page-based resources don't really register correctly. This shouldn't affect the performance of the file but sometimes it can be an issue when understanding exactly what is going on.

I hope that helps a bit.

Viper and Label Legend .vwx

I had the same issue but after speaking to VW support we discovered that it was a corrupt workspace causing the problem.

I deleted my old workspace so VW built a new one upon loading and this fixed the issue straight away.

All fine now!

Edited by DCI