3D SpaceMouse - Rotate Object by center of object is NOT working in Vectorworks 2020

rjtiedeman

Question

My 3Dconnection 3D SpaceMouse wireless only rotates by center of ALL the objects in a document. It does not rotate by the center of the selected object. Pretty much a useless tool. The Vectorworks flyover tool works fine with a normal mouse. The 3D Spacemouse works fine with it's  Demo trainer. It's just a Vectorworks issue. Any idea how to get VW and 3D SpaceMouse to work together? It was a great tool when it worked.

Machine specs:
Imac Pro 10C-Radeon Pro Vega 64-64 GB ram. Mac OS 10.15.5, Driver 3DxWareMac v10.6.5 and Vectorworks 2020-SP3.1

3 answers to this question

On 5/27/2020 at 5:38 PM, rjtiedeman said:

My 3Dconnection 3D SpaceMouse wireless only rotates by center of ALL the objects in a document. It does not rotate by the center of the selected object. Pretty much a useless tool. The Vectorworks flyover tool works fine with a normal mouse. The 3D Spacemouse works fine with it's  Demo trainer. It's just a Vectorworks issue. Any idea how to get VW and 3D SpaceMouse to work together? It was a great tool when it worked.

Machine specs:
Imac Pro 10C-Radeon Pro Vega 64-64 GB ram. Mac OS 10.15.5, Driver 3DxWareMac v10.6.5 and Vectorworks 2020-SP3.1

The answer I got from 3Dconnection on this issue was as follows “the navigation with the SpaceMouse in Vectorworks had been implemented by Vectorworks into their product. Please contact their support team and explain that this is a feature you would like to see with their product.”

So Vectorworks please advise.

Bob

Hi,

I'd also like to hear back about this.  I'm having immense trouble getting the spacemouse to work properly with Vectorworks.  It works great with Rhino and a couple of other apps, so it seems like the vwx implementation is the problem.

The 3dconnextion driver config page seems to recognize "Vectorworks" and "Vectorworks Application" as two separate instances.

Both spacemouse and cadmouse seem to intermittently just stop being recognized at all.

Whether flyover with spacemouse works around centre of all objects or centre of selected is inconsistent, with no settings changes on my end.

Any help from vectorworks would be appreciated.  This is immensely frustrating.

• Like 1