Amplifier input signal sharing

This is likely something simple that I am missing as I am still learning the ConnectCAD workflow.

I am putting together a schematic for a distributed audio system and in many cases have multi-channel amplifiers that share a input signal across multiple channels. Is there a simple way to do this with the connect tool so that the paperwork is correct? Obviously, I could draw lines to connect multiple input channels to this signal line which would communicate the needs to the installer, but wouldn't create accurate paperwork. 

Similarly, there are some instances where we have two speakers on an output channel of an amplifier with two homeruns that are either connected to a terminal block or are both connected to the output terminal at the amplifier. Besides adding extra sockets to the device in the schematic, is there a more slick way to accomplish this? Screenshots attached of an example of both input and output pairing in my current project. 

Thanks so much for any assistance!

www.craftlighting.co

Screenshot 2020-05-27 10.57.07.png

Screenshot 2020-05-27 11.02.51.png

Edited by Noah C.
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Noah,

You can connect an output to two inputs using two separate circuits. Of course it makes sense to just parallel the two inputs at the destination end. If your installers can't understand what they should do, I guess you could make the amp input 1 an IO type socket and run a local circuit from that to input 2. Would that fix it?

Conrad