Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Event Upon Deletion

In other words,  no.  Oh well.  It would  have allowed for a lot of very desirable cleaning up for those PIOs that go around spreading information about themselves.  It doesn't seem like it would be a big stretch to implement since OnDeleteDelete is already implemented.

• Like 1

Sam,

This is not a definitive answer, and I've only played with it for a few minutes, but you may want to see if this gets you close enough so you can do your dastardly deeds.

Do you need to make a distinction between your Plug-in being CUT vs. DELETED? If so, then stop reading HERE, as this won't help you. If not, then try adding a line at the end of your 44 event (kObjOnAddState) to test the state of "theButton" variable that's returned from the first line in the 44 event. It's going to take some sussing out on your part to see if it meets your needs. If you only get the 'Am I DeLETeD?' message when you expect it, then substitute the AlrtDialog() call with your cleanup procedure.

vsoGetEventInfo(theEvent, theButton);

case theEvent of

kObjOnAddState: begin		{ 44 }
			theButton := vsoStateAddCurrent(PIOHand, theButton);
			if (theButton = 14) then AlrtDialog(concat('Am I DeLETeD?'));	
		end;		{ 44 }

end;		{ case }

HTH,

Raymond

• Like 2

Raymond, 

Preliminary testing seems to show that this works wonderfully.  I still have some extensive testing of the cleanup routine to be sure I can do everything I need to do, but there doesn't seem to be any reason why I could not.

Thank you so much !!