layer filters and scrolling through layers

hello , me again - feel like i have a question every week at the moment. 

I have a question regarding layer filters. I am just getting into them, and quite honestly they seem awesome. My one gripe is that i like to often set my layers visability to 'active only' and then scroll down through the layers to see each layer at a time. I scroll using command+dwn arrow. (not sure of the command on windows) 

When i scroll down like this without a filter, it goes down onto the next layer. I assumed the same would happen when a filter is applied however it selects the layers which have been filtered out still. Is there anyway to turn off this so command+dwn arrow only scrolls through visible layers? 

thanks 

It seems as though the functionality you describe happens if you apply the filter in the Layer dropdown at the top of the screen, but not if you apply the filter in the Navigation Palette. I'm not sure if this is a bug or "working as designed," but for now, try applying the filter here and see if that works for you:

356800639_ScreenShot2020-05-26at12_23_46PM.thumb.png.e5e23ba3e3d7f3086dff6799a4c02c66.png

hi andy , appreciate for the reply. 

im not quite sure that answers it though. If I apply the filter in the dropdown layers menu at the top, i can scroll through the layers by pressing up and down, but it doesnt change whats on the screen, like I can by pressing command+dwn arrow. does this make sense? 

i like the command+arrow specifically because the you can instantly see the changes on each layer 

regards

1 hour ago, rexwexford said:

im not quite sure that answers it though. If I apply the filter in the dropdown layers menu at the top, i can scroll through the layers by pressing up and down, but it doesnt change whats on the screen, like I can by pressing command+dwn arrow. does this make sense?

You should still be able to use the Cmd+Arrow method after clicking out of the Layer dropdown (the filter is still applied in the dropdown even if the dropdown isn't expanded).

Try again and let me know if it works, otherwise I could take a screen cap of how it's working on my computer.

• Like 1