Reverse numbering a Data Tag sequence

I have set up a data tag to number sequentially a set of objects. 

I would like to reverse the order of the numbering using the manage sequence function. In theory this seems relatively intuitive and changing the sequence to -1 will renumber the tags in reverse. Sadly the numbers become 05, 04, 03.... rather than 5, 4, 3... 

However, when I go to manage the sequence again, the programme crashes - I am sure as a result of the negative sequence I set up.

So the question is: Is there a way to reverse a number sequence that avoids renumbering manually?

Thanks

I did not have a problem doing what I think you did to get reverse numbering. I did do it by editing a Style though.

Pick the Data Stamp Style that is closest to what you want. Convert to Unstyled. New Style from Unstyled Object. Name as Reverse (or similar).

Edit the Style. From the Display tab Edit Tag Layout. Select the Text representing the location you want the number sequence. Click the Define Tag Field... button in the OIP.

Delete what is in the Current Tag Field Definition box.

Data Source Incrementing Value. Click the Sequence Settings button.

Set the Start Value and Next Value to the first number you want. Set the Increment to -1. Click OK.

Click Add to Definition Button. Click OK. Click the Exit Tag Layout Edit in the upper right corner of the drawing window.

Click OK on the Data Tag Style Edit dialog box.

Place your tags.

I don't know why yours is crashing. Maybe start from one of the default styles and edit to your liking.