RTX 2070 better than Quadro RTX 4000?

cmndpro

My experience with the NVIDIA RTX 2070 was seemingly far superior than the Quadro RTX 4000.

Is there a Vectorworks profile yet for Quadro that would help optimize it for the software?

Im ready to return the card and go back or switch to Radeon Pro

Edited by cmndpro

Try the QNF(Quadro New Feature)-Driver. The RTX 4000 has the same chip as the RTX 2080 but its throttled so it performs more stable and has a longer lifetime. It's throttled to about the speed of the RTX 2070 so with the QNF-Driver it should perform better although it's not worth the extra money for Vectorworks. Therere are no special drivers to optimize the performance with Vectorworks. Same will be with Radeon Pro. Unless you also run a software that requires a pro gpu you don't need one just for Vectorworks. Vectorworks will perform better on a decent gaming-card.

the first thing that made me question was this.  When using RTX2070 an NVIDIA bubble pops up when you start VW that indicates it is utilizing the GPU.  Same thing is true for other drawing programs as well like nanocad.  This bubble does not appear with the quadro RTX4000 and my 3D models lag a great deal.  I did not notice this before.

Im using the RTX2070 but no bubble pops up. If you are not sure whether Vectorworks uses the right graphics card, you can check this in the Task Manager. There you can easily see if the workload of the graphics card increases when using Vectorworks. You may have to force the graphics card to be used for Vectorworks in the graphics card driver. This works the same way with Quadros as with Geforce graphics cards.When youre not sure if vectorworks uses the correct cpu, you can look in your task-manager