Fixture Request + Library Update

Hey there,

I send nearly 2 weeks ago a request about creating 4 fixtures (formular on the website) for Vision but still got no answer from Vectorworks. Anyone has a contact option to request them again or to get an answer when I could expect these fixtures? I provided my contract details as well....so I expected, as they wrote to get them asap.

Another problem which I heard here is that there is an problem with updating the library. Is there already an answer when this bug will be solved or which settings need to be done in Windows to update the library?

Best regards

Thomas

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Thomas,

If you ever have any questions about a fixture request, you can email the support team, and they will be able to assist you. Unfortunately, we are experiencing a higher than normal amount of requests and we are very far behind. I wish I had a time frame to give you, but there's just so many requests, I have no idea how long it will actually take. If you're pressed for time, you also have the option of using GDTF. You can go to the GDTF website and create an account, then you'll be able to search the existing database of fixtures, as well as create your own, which can be used in Vision.

Yes, there is currently a bug in the updater. If you find that you're effected by this bug. Just email the support team, and they will be able to assist you with manually updating Vision. We do have a fix for this bug that is currently in beta testing, and we expect it to be released in the near future.

Thanks,

Mark

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Any news about the update problem for Library? And what about the fixture Profiles? For me it was as well a purchase decision for Vision to be able to get fixtures within 72 business hours. And now I must see that the support is not proving :-(. I am waiting already over 2 weeks for the fixtures, also for the possibility to update the library.

• 1 year later...