Global Notes Palette

trashcan

Question

I regularly put notes in VW files using the text tool and place those notes on a layer plane. I create a class for them so I can turn them on and off. I then create a saved view from Top/Plan with the class on so I can quickly navigate to those notes. This process is a little cumbersome. But, I use these for tracking renders (what looked good, what didn't), notes that I'll want to put on a Title Block later, to-do lists, general scratch data, etc. Very good workflow optimization. For obvious reasons it's much easier to place and read notes on a Sheet Layer than in Design Layers. 

However, it would be amazing if there was a "Notes" palette - essentially a global place where you can put Rich Text notes that aren't dependent on being able to see them in a particular view. Scratch data would be incredibly useful and I can see many different useful use-cases for this implementation! 

Features:

• Break-away palette
  • Traditional shortcut keys when in the palette (I.e., Bold, Italic, Underline)
  • Multiple notes Tabs
  • Rich Text
  • Strikethrough
  • Links (for URLs and can link to other local files, like PDFs)
  • Lists
  • Scroll Bar
  • Notes Tabs become Resources in the RM so you can easily navigate and add back in an accidentally closed Notes tab. 

image.thumb.png.b014b0c08b5221f416fcf93ace925239.png

image.thumb.png.856d49d388211446a2fd0b01b63d18f8.png

• Like 1

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet