Vectorworks workspace crash

markcurescu

Question

6 answers to this question

its weird cause I never customized my workspace. my only guess is leaving Vectorworks open when I shut my laptop potentially corrupted my workspace files. I can't think of anything else that I did that was off. I just uninstalled and reinstalled VW and it solved the issue. If I get it again ill try to move my workspace file@E|FA @Boh 

I'm now in the habit of keeping a copy of my workspace outside of the VW user folder.  If & when I crash I can delete the corrupted workspace and drop in the backup.  Saves the trouble of reinstalling VW and rebuilding the custom workspace.  Keeping a separate copy of the stock workspace could save having to reinstall VW.

I had an issue with my Workspace today as well. I had been Autosaving all day. Went to Dinner and my Vectorworks had crashed. I cannot find the file I was working on anywhere. Not even in the VW Backup folder. Not sure if this is related to the Workspace issues. But, that's 4 hrs of work down the drain! At least I got a PDF printout of my drawing.