PDF to Next Level: Covid submittal changes

I don't know how to do this, so I'm not sure if I am lacking or it simply cannot be done yet.

A change here is CA is that building and planning departments are now accepting submittals all electronically, no paper required, and the architect and engineers stamp and signature can be on the pdf, instead of wet signing the paper copy.

To facilitate the use of pdf's for plan checking, and also for construction in the field, I'd like to be able to do the following:

1.  I'd like to be able to key a particular detail or section or title bubble to a particular view of the drawing information, in VW.  Then I'd like the Publish command to retain these links when the file is published to pdf.  My gut says it will work better to manage the links in VW than in some pdf reader.  Better also for workflow since it would be handy for work being done long before a pdf is needed.

2.  Some worry about this more than me, but I think it would also be a good idea to have some way where the architect stamp and signature, when exported to pdf cannot simply be nefariously copied and installed on some other pdf.  Maybe the original pdf file has some internal marker that does not replicate when the file is copied or cropped, or maybe the image of the stamp contains something which disappears, some kind of visual authentication when the file is copied or cropped.  Maybe there is an added graphic element that appears on the stamp when the file is copied or cropped, perhaps some phrase appears like, "copy, not authenticated."  That could be an editable object that people could place on the drawing where they want.

Donald

• Administrator

@Donald Wardlaw

We are aware of some of these changes, and we are gathering more information to support this process via Publishing command. 

Besides your suggestions above, one more is now when viewing the PDF, and the thumbnails need to have the same page number as the sheet number. If there are more, please add them here so I can submit these as a wish list ASAP.