Sheet Number and Title in Title Block Layout

Guys,

In Title Block Layout I want to use automatic Sheet Number and Sheet Title from the ones we see in Navigation - Sheet Layers.

Tried to add it in Title Block Data with Linked Value and "Sheet Data. Sheet Title" with no success.

For the moment it looks like I can add sheet number and title in TBB Settings separately and it has no connection with what I see in Navigation.

Is there any way to have automatic sheet numbers and titles in Title blocks the same as in Navigation?

Thanks.

Edit your Title Block Layout (either for the Instance of an Unstyled Title Block Border or for the Style if you are using one).

Select the block of text that you want to display your Sheet Number.

At the bottom of the OIP set the Data Type to Link Value and then pick Sheet Data.Sheet Number from the pull down menu.

Repeat for the Sheet Title.

As far as I know this will bring in the information shown in the Navigation palette.

If you want to see a simple version, take a look at the Custom Title Block O2 from the Standard Title Blocks.vwx file in the Vectorworks Libraries.

On 5/15/2020 at 8:28 PM, Andy Broomell said:

In your TBB Style, turn on the checkbox for "Use Automatic Drawing Coordination"

Thank you very much, Andy, this worked, but still not fully 🙂

Once dropped an updated title block to each sheet, it captured its name and number, but once renamed it in Navigator - it didn't update. Tick is on where applicable.

A strange thing - once it is done in a file created from a document template - it works, tried it on a new Architect (metric).sta file and all fine - even my title block works. Once it is crated in a Create New Blank Document even with original - VW Standard Title Block - it does not work. Any ideas?709447562_Sheettitleandnumber2.thumb.PNG.e4615dd4627dff002a2419781f1d5d4e.PNG

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @Andriusv,

You need to have both Auto Drawing Coordination options on (TBB and Document, see image below). It is not recommended to have different values for these options.

The Auto Drawing Coordination of the TBB is used for updating of the Sheet Layer data from the TBB and the document preferences Auto Drawing Coordination is used for updating of the TBBs in the sheet layer.

image.png

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

Pat or Andy

Thanks - Great input from all  - Followed this thread and I have what I need for a current drawing, except ...

Have only the Sheet Number & Sheet Title in a Title Block based on a Title Block Style based on a Title Block edited from the Standard Title Blocks.vwx file.

When I edit the Style from the Resource Manager, I am able to see the two linked items - I move them, except they do not move accordingly on the Sheet Layer. 

The text NAME for the Sheet Style is in RED  in the Resource Manager - Does that indicate a ? 

Do I need to make it a Symbol  ? - Insert it into a Symbol  ?

FYI - Set up the Title block on a single sheet layer till it looked as needed - then copy and paste onto other sheet layers. Location changed Sheet Layer to Sheet Layer

Any assistance is appreciated

Peter