Wall bounds around windows

jwseas

Question

Hi,

I'm trying to do something which seems like it should be easy...... I'm trying to extend the cladding to line through with the ground floor window sills

I have tried creating a new level (window sill) and bounding my first floor walls down to this but the first floor walls extend over the windows effectively blocking them up. I also tried doing the opposite by extending the top bound of my foundation wall to the window sill and applying the cladding walls to the ground floor. This also doesn't;t work because the foundation wall then covers the bottom half of the French doors!

Is there any way to create more than one texture area on a single wall?

Here is a link to my file - https://we.tl/t-XdNoagBNkd

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

Others will be able to give you far more help than I can, but consider adding a very thing (0.1mm to 1mm) thick component to the outside of your wall that only goes up to the sills. You can then give that component a different texture than the rest of the wall. But you will have to set the wall to use Component Textures.

Thanks Pat,

I tried this and the negative is that the cladding texture doesn't align with the cladding texture from the floor above. This was also the case when using the 3D extract tool to create a 1mm thick extrude and applying the texture. I assume I would then have to use the attribute mapping tool to try and align the textures so it looks continuous but I find the attribute mapping tool not very easy to use!