Kennedyme

Generate cut list from a 2D shapes?

How can I generate a cut list automatically from a 2D drawing? I just want to draw shapes, give each a unique code that shows up on the drawing (with the shape, like a data tag) and simultaneously puts the objects dimensions into a spreadsheet. I have retrofitted the space tool to do something like this, but would love to have this as a simple tool without all the retrofitting and extraneous information that comes with modifying the space tool.

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 11.56.58 AM.png

5 minutes ago, Wes Gardner said:

@Kennedyme, maybe like this? See attached file.

Wes

Basically, yes, except I would like to also have the object name linked to the record and show up on the object. That is something I have done before. It looks like you did that without creating a record format. How?

I would also like to eventually add more columns for information to enter in the Data tab (but not on the object) and have show up in the worksheet. Something I have also done using record format.

The only thing I haven't figured out is how to have my objects do what you just did automatically.

Rectangle Height and Width.vwx 50.81 kB · 0 downloads

4 minutes ago, Kennedyme said:

Ah. I see what you did. It seemed like it should be simple, but it's more simple than I realized. Would I use a simple data tag that is somehow linked to the worksheet to introduce the name on the drawing? Could that also be linked to a record format for the other data I need to record?