Trying to create or edit a texture - not showing image correctly

Snowbunny

Question

Hi there, 

I'm trying to create a new renderworks texture. The image (of creeping thyme) I'm importing is showing fine in the edit image menu but in the main edit texture menu it appears very jumbled. Am I setting the size wrong? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Screenshot 2020-05-12 at 17.18.45.png

Screenshot 2020-05-12 at 17.19.11.png

3 answers to this question

@Snowbunny That may be the case.  Try "Set by Image" and then drag the two points of the line (you may have to zoom in to see it) to the full extent of the image and set the value to a real world approximation of its size.  Then in the "Edit Texture" dialog, Set the "Object Size" to the same value.  The latter setting is really a preview of what your texture is going to look like tiled, so you can set the zoom distance by how its size differs from the "Edit Image" size. 

If that doesn't work, try applying the texture to an object and see if it works in the file (and at what level of zoom). 

If that doesn't work, try re-importing the image source file as a different file type i.e. JPG or PNG (different from what you did the first time).

Good luck.

• Like 1