Adjusting a vertical scale if possible on site model?

Hi! I'm wondering if I'm missing any possible adjustments for making a site model elevation look less dramatic. I've attached screencaps of two site models of the same plan from two different sessions, both from the right view: 

1. A smaller selection of the topography I'm working with - however I'm starting over with a new one because we now need to include all the other areas

(The elevations were put in with Survey Input > 2D to 3D Source Data)

147220091_ScreenShot2020-05-09at10_06_06PM.thumb.png.652c1a3e70ccad8eea74503602a1dcbf.png

2. The new site model that includes all other areas

(The elevations were put in manually this time after converting to 3D Polys)

1789210485_ScreenShot2020-05-09at10_06_15PM.thumb.png.b784107a02945b64943ce097a83110ef.png

TOTAL newbie here - I feel like I'm missing something very obvious..Thank you in advance for any help!

Full Topo Site Model.vwx Sectioned topo .vwx

@og.skinman I think the request is to display the terrain as if the z values of the source data were scaled down so that slopes are not as steep  = " less dramatic".   Is that correct?

If that is requested, then I don't think there would be a site model setting. Such a rescale would distort all the slopes, cut/fill calcs, retaining wall heights, surface distances, relationship to structures, etc.  But, you can make a wish for such a feature.  Maybe this is a common need?

As always, there are workarounds.  I can think of a couple:

1.  Make a new site model, but reduce the z value of all the source data by required factor (eg contours placed at half the z value).  Downside is that all the slopes, distances, cut fill, etc will be wrong.  But, the display will be closer to flat.

2.  Duplicate the correct site model, and convert it to a generic solid or a surface.  Scale the z value of this new object.  Downsides same as above, but it can be remade if the original is updated.  The source terrain remains correct for measurements and data.

Or, maybe you just want to crop the site model as @Boh suggests?

Or only show the parts within a certain z range?  Control for that is in the Site Model Settings - min and max elevations.

-B

• Like 1

Scaling of a terrain model only on the z access would create a "shorter" DTM however it's use as a context for a building in 3d views would not really work as the building presumably wouldn't be scaled. Out of interest why do you want to do this?

Ok so I feel really silly. It was a simple SCALING problem that caused all my confusion. The second file I was working with on the full topography was just not scaled right..it's tiny. I'm sorry everybody!! It's been solved. I ended up with a pretty clean site model, thank you both for your time.

• Like 1