Schematic View Problem

Hi all,

I was exploring the schematic view and there is something i couldn't figure out.

I had a truss that was at a 45 degree tilt, converted to a hanging position and had 3 fixtures on it.

i created a schematic view and had the impression that it will remove the tilt and make it show the full length.

However, it is the same length.

Am i mistaken about it?

the two attached image shows top/plan view and also iso view to show the tilt.

image.thumb.png.b2dca926535947ce89420f55c280bd2a.png

image.thumb.png.0499d6dccaec3ca3a81858ff9406ecaf.png

1 hour ago, markdd said:

Make sure you have the “Simplified” class turned Off.

Hi Mark,

I supposed you are talking  about the simplified truss class.

Did that but still look the same though.

image.thumb.png.62846612bb2f698e926d3e0ad927458d.png

21 minutes ago, JBenghiat said:

Either:

- Don’t convert to a hanging position. It’s not necessary with 2020 rigging objects

- Apply your tilt after you convert to a hanging position. The contents of the HP represent the neutral orientation of the objects

Hi Joshua,

Thank you.

The 2nd option worked for me.

seems like the workflow has to be tilt of the truss object after converting.

Flipping the order around will mess it up, is that so?

image.thumb.png.e89044cc6de4a978073443bdd5527096.png

You would get one schematic view per stick of truss. This is by design, and would allow you to consider each piece as a separate position, or flatten out a non-planar run of truss.

If you want the entire line of truss to be considered one position, then you do need to convert to a Hanging Position.

Once a rigging object is inside a Hanging Position, you can consider it raw geometry. It's as though it were a bunch of extrudes, not a truss at an angle. The rotations of the entire Hanging Position is what the Schematic View takes into account.

13 hours ago, JBenghiat said:

You would get one schematic view per stick of truss. This is by design, and would allow you to consider each piece as a separate position, or flatten out a non-planar run of truss.

If you want the entire line of truss to be considered one position, then you do need to convert to a Hanging Position.

Once a rigging object is inside a Hanging Position, you can consider it raw geometry. It's as though it were a bunch of extrudes, not a truss at an angle. The rotations of the entire Hanging Position is what the Schematic View takes into account.

Thanks Joshua. This helps!

• 3 months later...