Replace Symbol from a folder

Jim Smith

Question

Firstly, the folders in the Resources for symbols are a good thing. No, check that! Symbol folders a great thing, not great like a view of Niagara Falls on a clear very cold winter's day, but something that VW has got right!

I would welcome the opportunity (perhaps a preference?) to select one's Symbol Folders when choosing to Replace A Symbol. Imagine a set of Mighty, Mighty, Symbol Folders rather than a  big long list of symbols. The present function must use a boat load of memory (as it seems to take my computron 4- EVER to think about the process at present). Would it not only improve the process of the steam powered calliope that makes this function go, if it were to only have to glean though one folder of symbols at a time? If nothing else, my life would be more fulsome if I didn't have to scroll through what seems like the CGI credits at the end of a marvel monster movie.

If you do change the function you should also rename it to something keen like: 

Replace-O-Symbol

Just imagine an escape from  Replace A Symbol drudgery forever with new & improved Replace-O-Symbol !   YOU, your friends & family, AND your pocketbook will thank-you too when you step into the land of tomorrow! With Streamlined Replace-O-Symbol!   It's aerodynamic AND Futuristic!  All the cool kids will want to be replacing their symbols with the neatest new tool Replace-O-Symbol !

Oh, & if the boffins are under the hood checking on why this "Check Engine Light" keeps coming on, would it be impolite to ask: "is there any way that the actual Change of a Symbol could be completed with one double click rather than  several mouse over checks?"

Remember KIDS 

Replace-O-Symbol

Ask for it by NAME!

Accept no substitutions!

• Like 1

1 answer to this question