Detailing : Angle Tool & Hybrid Symbol

I correct in understanding that VWX always processes a 2D angle as a 3D one in hybrid symbols?

In VWX 2020 I modelled a steel frame made of angle sections, (two posts and two inclined "rafters", part of a dormer window assembly including other objects, e.g. a wall, some extrusions etc.) I want to show in Top/plan both the wall and the "footprint" of the frame, so two angles visible for the posts. To show these I drew two angle objects using the basic angle tool, so not the angle-3D version. The frame is modelled using the angle-3D tool. After shaping these are solid subtractions. I then created a symbol including all objects. As expected this is a hybrid 2D/3D symbol showing, in top/plan,  the wall footprint only, but not the two "2-D" angles. I expected them to be visible in top/plan. (I checked "convert 2D layer objects to screen etc" whilst creating the  symbol). I experimented with two angles created using both versions of the tool. A symbol made of them was a pure 3D symbol. My workaround was to draw a polyline shaped as the angle section and include it in the hybrid symbol.