Export to pdf results in wobbly lines

kmdf

Question

Hello everybody,

please excuse if this has been posted before, I've been searching for it but didn't find anybody to have the same issue. I'm working on a massive map, which i need to export to illustrator in order to continue working. The document is fairly big with 2000*600mm on 1:5000. My issue is that, when i export it to pdf, all the lines become kind of wobbly, straight lines have dozens of curves and appear thicker than normal. The document itself is a mess, i've got it from a colleague, originally it was an illustrator document, but due to the massive size i had to convert it to dxf and edit in in vectorworks. Now i reduced the number of objects, but can't get it back to illustrator, when i export the document to dwg, illustrator wont open it (unknown format, despite me hitting "open dwg" and selecting the .dwg document)

I hope i could express myself in a clear way, if anybody could help me, i'd be really happy.

Attached you'll find before and after screenshots of the issue.

Thank you very much for your efforts and have a great day!

kmdf

before.PNG

after.PNG

2 answers to this question