Reports for selective types of fixtures

I have been pretty clear on the worksheet reports for spotlight but is there a way to make reports only list one specific type of fixture ?  The goal would be to have a number of worksheets each for a specific manufacturer then if possible have one master worksheet that pulls in all the information from the individual worksheets. 

Edited by Steve Nield

For item 1, you need to figure out what Field specifies the fixture type and then add a criteria to use that Field an the values you want for each type.

For item 2, you will not be able to have a Master worksheet pull information from the others, but if you combine the criteria you should be able to get all of the same data in a Master. Then it is just a question of how do you sort the data to display the way you want.

I believe you can reference in a file and access the data from the objects. I was reading your post differently. What you won't be able to do is access the data in a different WORKSHEET, especially in a database row from a different worksheet.

To create the master you would have to set up a database with criteria that would let you see all of the objects in all of the other worksheets and then use the Sort options to get it do display the way you want.

Data in Database rows is ephemeral. An object can be added, deleted, or changed in the drawing that will change the number and order of items in the database. There is no way to get any specific information out of a database subrow.

Have not played with creating a worksheet from data in a referenced file, but I think it will work.

• Like 1

When you're developing criteria by record field data, you can use the * and ? wildcard criteria to have partial matches that would help you search for everything from a particular manufacturer.

You can't reference data in other files per se, but you can report on objects in referenced viewports.

• Like 2