ID-tags for doors and windows

Hans Boman

Question

Hello!

I am a relativly new user of VW and I have two questions regading ID tags and their attrubutes.

1. I can not find clear and easy instructions on how to get control over the tags. I would like to have control over text size and font. At this moment my tags initialized in the door and window tools creates tags with different size and font. How and where do I control the attributes of my tags?

2. How do I turn the tags on and off? I would like to create two sets of sheets with horizontal section viewports - one with the ID-tags showing and one without. Can I place the tags in a separate class that I with one click turn the visibility off?

Regards,

Hans Boman, Landskrona Sweden

8 answers to this question

I think I was unclear...

When I created the doors and windows with the tool I checked the "show tag in 2D"-box in the settings. But the tags come in different size and font...

I would like to edit that.

In the resource manager I have "data tag styles", but editing that doesn't affect my tags.

And I would rather be able to turn them off.

If you assigned a class to your door tag (ID TAG) when you made the symbol you can turn off the class. Otherwise you have to edit each symbol and turn it off or assign a class to the tag.

Another approach is to use door styles and set up a style with class controlled tags

http://app-help.vectorworks.net/2020/eng/index.htm#t=VW2020_Guide%2FSymbols%2FConcept_Plug-in_object_styles.htm%23XREF_25617_Plug_in_Object&rhsearch=door styles&rhsyns=

1682959281_hur.thumb.png.cb45e6d935369d4ec13269052ec3f192.png

Yes.  Take a data tag, convert it to Unstyled then edit it.  Add text blocks for as many items as you need. With a text block selected scroll to the bottom of the Data pane of the OIP and click the Use Dynamic Text check box and then click the Define Tag Field button to allow you to specify what that text block will display.

There are several posts floating around about how to edit data tags.

Ask again if you can't find them or need more help.