Textures Suddeny dissappeared!!

salwa.abt@gmail.com

Question

Textures suddenly disaooeared from everything. Evcen windows became non-transperant and all utilities such as ovens become texture-less. Upon resuming to work again on the file I found out that all used texures were removed and I needed to download them again individually. Also, upon trying to correct for some structures such as staris, textures refused to appear on the object. I am realy frustrated as I needed weeks to design everything. Any help?

1 answer to this question

@salwa.abt@gmail.com 

Make sure that in your preferences you specify a location and a saving interval time for a backup file or file(s).  That way, if something goes catastrophically wrong you can go back a little ways in time rather than have to recreate a lot of work.  Personally, I save version files all along the way so that I have solid backups to return to if needed.

I can't comment as to why your textures disappeared, that is a query for tech support.  However, stairs are challenging as the individual elements (risers, treads, etc) are controlled by settings deep within the stair tool.  So, you need to set them there. 

I do find that textures sometimes need to be toggled to actually apply to an object.  As in:  Apply the texture and no change is evident.  Then, apply a different texture and undo it and often the correct texture will show up.