Pen Request - Highlighter

Matt Overton

Question

It would be very useful to have different pen styles.

The first that comes to mind is a one that is thick 3-4mm on page but to one side of the defining line instead of centered like normal pens.

I could use a double line tool but most I want this to trace spaces or slab modifier edges and the like to make them easier to follow. Like I would use a highlighter pen over the top of a print.

I could see much value in other Pen Styles as well to help define how edges react in elevations, sections or just to improve pure graphic representations.

Sorry It's not a very BIM request.

• Like 2

2 answers to this question

@Matt Overton This is a GREAT Idea! I don't know what this isn't a thing!  In the meantime I just tried the following & I'm going to add it to the template tomorrow:

Created a visible Class called HI LITE, pen is set to 0 & fill is solid but Class is set to 40% opacity.  I can put a rectangle over my text & move the rectangles to HI LITE & presto! THANKS FOR THE TIP! This will be very helpful as often a cloud is too much / not enough visually.

Untitled.jpeg

• Like 1