Display X and Y Coordinates of an object

Hi All,

I'm looking for a way to display the x,y coordinates of an object with Vectorworks Spotlight, Renderworks.  Even better would be something that incorporates a data base so I can enter all of the information in one location, or at least update the information in the data base and have it auto update the symbol position once I create all the symbols.

Is there already an easy way to do this that I just don't know about?

Thanks!

You can add the X and Y coordinates to the label legend.  Or you could use a data tag.

You can call the X,Y,Z coordinates in a worksheet database.  But it's read only.  You can't enter the coordinates and have the instrument move to that position.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the super fast response.   I was building this from a symbol. Doesn't it have to be a lighting device to use the label legend? I would prefer not to have all of my stage management spikes show up as instruments and populate in Lightwright. Is there a way to add the X and Y coordinates to a symbol? 

How do I add a data tag?  I can see "add tag" but it doesn't seem to relate to the coordinates.  Thanks again for your help!

Hi Michael,

Thanks again. This completely answered my questions and is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the example, it is very clear how these two options function from this sample.  I have updated my drawings and they are working and looking great.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...