Schematic View Workflow

Hi hi 

i'm re-working my workflow and try to do as much as possible with schematic views as I really like the feature to make building plots,

although I got stuck sometimes because the way I use the system...

That's why I was wondering how other people are using it.

- Do you create a hanging position of a complete truss? Or all pieces separate? Or not at all?

Because this impacts how you can use schematic views...

(if you create a hanging position of the complete truss you can not split them apart in a schematic view and create a detailed building plot...)

(if you don't create a hanging position you are missing some useful information you can use to for data tags...)

- I love working with data tags; as this is not available how do you guys get along with it? 

- Did anybody found a way to "auto" label schematic views so you know for example that a certain item is one piece of the complete truss? 

Tips / Tricks are welcome 

On 5/3/2020 at 6:50 AM, Company Call said:

I'm playing around with it atm, but i'm I missing something or is it not possible to link trusses to a position label when you're in the annotations view in a viewport?

There are some issues with the visual feedback in viewports, but you can link to objects via name.