Drawing Border Titleblock questions

I've been working on a custom titleblock. So far, so good, but I have a couple of questions.

The manual says on page 14-30

"Note: For the Design Series, field names must be prefixed with a P_ for project fields (fields with the same value on all title blocks in the file) and an S_ for sheet fields (fields with a different value on any title blocks)."

If I'm reading this right, any of the "P_" values should automatically appear in a new titleblock in the same document. However this does not seem to be the case - am I reading this wrong or am I missing something?

Also, is there a way to make the titleblock Date and File Name fields automatically update? These seem to be manual entry only.

Thanks

the title blocks are sotred in a folder on your computer:

C:\Program Files\VectorWorks 12.0.0\Libraries\Defaults\Drawing Border - Title Blocks\

you can edit any of the titleblocks in these files. the prefix on the title block record format looks liek it is used to help NNA more than you. i'm not sure that you can add your own custom fields and still use the issue manager to add the revisions...

If NNA don't reply, emial me off line

"If I'm reading the manual right, any of the "P_" values should automatically appear in a new titleblock in the same document. However this does not seem to be the case - am I reading this wrong or am I missing something?

Also, is there a way to make the titleblock Date and File Name fields automatically update? These seem to be manual entry only.

"

David,

I would say that the documentation is misleading. The statement "Note: For the Design Series, field names must be prefixed with a P_ for project fields, etc." should say ?Note: To have the title block work with the Architect or Landmark Issue Manager, the field names must be prefixed with a P_ for project fields, etc.? Adding a prefix to the name of a record field will not have any effect on what appears in a new title block in the document. If I understand your question correctly, what will appear whenever you place a new title block in a document is the default value of the record field.

Another effect of using the prefixes is the appearance of the Edit Title block dialog. As an example, if you use the title block named Custom Title Block-03 and click on Edit Title Block button, you will see the effect of using prefixes. The title block fields linked to record fields that have the prefix ?P_? show up on the Project tab and those with the prefix ?S_? show up on the Sheet tab.

In answer to your second question, there is currently no way to make the title block Date and File Name fields automatically update. These are manual entry only.

I hope this answers your questions.

Tom Urie

Nemetschek, N.A.

Thanks - I thought Spotlight might be included under that feature.

In another post Ion described a script that works on the title block date and filename fields as long as it's just dropped as a symbol. Is there any way to modify that script to see the fields in the Drawing Border?

Also - the Date/Name plug in works well, is there any possibility that function could be included in the titleblock?

Thanks