Two colour parameters for the same symbol

Hello,

I  would like to add a diffuser gel (e.g. R119)  to a symbol which already has a colour information and to do that I'll type for example L201 + R119. Is there a way to have these 2 gels  listed separately in the colour summary instead of having both on the same line with the cut size details? I've tried to create a new parameter called colour 2 and add it to the  legend, but the colour summary does not recognise this new parameter. I've also played with user filed, but no luck.

Thank you very  much for your help!

Sal.

The answer is Yes.

You can use the Lighting Device Parameters section of the Spotlight Preferences Dialogue box to add a pre-defined Frost field to your Lighting Instruments.

To add a Frost Field:

• Click New…
  • Name the new field Frost

A good option would be a list from where you can select your frost from.

• Select the Pop-Up radio button from the Type list

Fill in the list with the Frost choices you have available to you leaving the first field blank.

• Click OK

What you want to happen when you go to use the field is that the first blank field will be ignored by the tool and will automatically give you the first colour on your list.

In order to create a blank line that the tool will register as a blank, you should repeat the steps above, but rather that selecting New, select the Frost field and click Edit. When you get to the frost choices again type:

• Option/alt + Space Bar then Enter

This will give you a “Non-breaking” space.

You will need to restart Vectorworks for this change to register.

What you should probably do is save this modified list of Spotlight Parameters as a specific Parameter list. You can do this at the top of the Parameters list.

• Like 2

Thank you very much Mark.

I followed your instructions and I managed to create the pop-up menu where I can select few types of frost from a list plus I have the blank choice. However how the Colour Summary  can recognise this as a colour that needs to be included in the count?  

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Hello guys !

So nice to find this post after many reseaches :).

The link of the worksheet seem to be obsolete.

Maybe you can explain a little bit more how to do a worksheet like Markdd's does ? ☺️

It could be great because I am using another color field as well

Have good times !

Thanks a lot for your time !

Do you know if an official request is on run ?

For me and theatre people, it is quite common to use 2 filters and one frost. I could be good to allow users to add more field into color summary ?

Best !

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...