Hello.

I am working on a plan which has been around since 2007 or earlier. At some point in its history the stage right ladders were created by mirroring the stage left ones. As a result the top hats, half hats to be exact, are the wrong way round (upstage when the should be downstage). However, when I started converting the plan to use spotlight and data exchange with lightwright I didn't spot this. So now I have made the top hats accessories and neatly connected to the lighting instrument I can't turn them so the upstage is down stage. When you rotate it just rotates round but not to the needed position or flip horizontal or vertical it doesn't move it, well it sort of jiggles. If you do it with the symbol you can flip or mirror move it but as soon as it's an accessory then I can't. I have attached a screen shot. All the half hats show be downstage. This is only the prosc boom, I have 4 ladders to do as well so would rather not delete the accessories and start again and then try to sort the resulting lightwright issues.

Anyone have any thoughts?

1908705659_Screenshot2020-04-30at15_54_32.thumb.png.c656bef4830fdfcc748b38ccc582a8c4.png

Probably your best bet is to duplicate the Accessory and mirror the geometry within the duplicate symbol. In effect create a Left and Right Top at accessory symbol. As long as the Light Info data remains unchanged, then there should be no change to accessory counts either in Spotlight or Lightwright.

After that, then you just need to update the Symbol name in the SR accessories and all should work out fine.

Hope that works for you.

A bit of an update. I have just 'sync'd' this drawing with LW and the accessory name in LW is now the name of the flipped symbol. 6.5"HH-flipped. Oh well. At least we have a few more weeks of Lockdown so I might just make the accessories again. Unless I can change the mapping in LW so that Accessory gets it's text from Instrument Type not Symbol Name.

Edited by John Harris