Spotlight Numbering Issues

Mike Williams

Question

Hi Found a few bugs in spotlight numbering.

1. Can't number records formats that are not in the route directory.  For example if i have created folders to tidy up the resource manager i then can't use spotlight numbering tool to number those items with record formats in a folder.  If i move the record format to the root directory i can then use it in spotlight numbering.  In the screen shot the only record format that appears in "plant Record".  I have as you can see lots of record formats.

1880395363_Screenshot2020-04-29at15_14_37.thumb.png.0949496cab646b8b2ec6343e087661d9.png

2. Numbering generation with spotlight numbering.  It seems there is a small bug or i've missed something in the way you number if you use a complex numbering system, for example if i wanted to number 24 units S0001 to S0024 i would put the S in the Prefix box and then add 0001 to the start number.  However VW strips out the 0's from the units numbered after the first unit.  I found this out when using spotlight numbering to number other things that require complex numbering.

628184954_Screenshot2020-04-30at11_06_32.thumb.png.b1f05c4873aa6854e9d3f11837ce67f6.png

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet