trashcan

Custom Signal Cable for Video Signals

Using the Data Cable tool, many video signal types are missing. Is there a way to do a custom cable type? 

Looking for:

HDMI

HDMI over LAN

HDMI over Fiber

Displayport

@trashcan You're welcome. Now, if you want to take cable tools to the next level, check out the AutoPlot version of cable tools. http://autoplotvw.com/

If you want to see them all in action, Sam did a four hour webinar showing just about every one. https://www.dropbox.com/s/peyn55413q0x8cp/Cable Tools Webinar.mp4?dl=0

His tools are the base for the VW version. He then continued his add on development. Best $35 you'll ever spend.

Best, Scott

• Like 2

Ahhhhh @markdd it's all coming together now. 

Will check out Autoplot. I was trying to dig through and find some tool documentation so I can sneak peak on the features - does that exist somewhere @SCParker?

The Video Scott links to is a webinar that Sam did a week or so ago that covered all the tools. It's long but we seem to have a little more time on our hands at the moment!

• Like 1

Copy that. Will save it for a day (and by that I mean any day where I don't have client requests!). 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, trashcan said:

sneak peak on the features - does that exist somewhere

Funny you should mention. I'm working on some video tutorials for my team on this. I'll post when I have some for you to see.

• Like 2

If you find the webinar daunting, feel free to just ask a question or 2.  If you don't know the question, describe the workflow you are trying to achieve. Questions with no answers and unforeseen workflows drive tool development.

Sam

sjones@autoplotvw.com

• Like 1

I've been playing around with adding custom connectors to my jumper plugin and I must have broken something.

Is there an easy way to reset a plugin back to default?

I edited the VW version as I don't have autoplot. I realized the issue was that I renamed the "connector" parameter to "cable type". VW did not like that and all of my jumper cables disappeared. Once I changed the naming back, everything is back and working as expected.

But just for my knowledge, is there an easy way to restore a built-in plugin back to defaults if needed?

Here are a few of my cable tools tutorials I've been working on. Most of the steps will work with both the VW and at AP versions of the tools.

• Like 1